Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kúla



So some of you may have seen my previous chair post. After some great suggestions and realizations, it became apparent that the sphere chair design wasn't fully resolved. Even though it was just a concept rendering, realistically something like that would be expensive to produce. So drawing inspiration from the inner bent wood, I came up with the kúla chair.
The intention behind this one was to make it relatively cheap and easy to produce. Two bent plywood (bamboo) legs, two bent metal supports and one formed plastic seat (with ribbing underneath). Idealy the entire thing would be held together by 14 (ish) wing nuts on bolts, thus making it easy to disassemble.
Feel free to comment, I am not entirely sure if something similar already exists on the market, if so please msg me I would love to see how they resolved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment